Using the maps
If you're using maps in print, the charge also depends on the number of copies you make.
You need to pay in advance. The artwork must be supplied by Pulse Creative and the map cannot be changed or altered in any way. Station names cannot be changed to suit a particular purpose. Please refer to our design standards.
Maps are available in a range of sizes and formats.
Find out how to order and pay.
For example, a business card with a map on one side and your company's logo and details on the other.
The royalty rates for advertising or promotional usage of London Underground and National Rail maps are as follows:
|1 - 8,000||Minimum charge £600 + VAT|
|8,001 - 20,000||£0.075 + VAT per copy|
|20,001 - 50,000||
£0.065 + VAT per copy
(minimum charge of £1,500)
|50,001 - 100,000||£0.060 + VAT per copy
(minimum charge of £3,250)
|100,001 and above||Agreed on application|
An artwork fee of £320 + VAT is also payable.
For example, a diary or guide book.
The royalty rates for standard usage of London Underground maps are:
|1 - 8,000||Minimum charge £180 + VAT|
|8,001 - 20,000||£0.023 + VAT per copy
(minimum charge of £180)
|20,001 - 50,000||£0.014 + VAT per copy
(minimum charge of £460)
|50,001 - 100,000||£0.010 + VAT per copy
(minimum charge of £700)
|100,001 and above||£0.007 + VAT per copy
(minimum charge of £1,000)
Royalty rates for standard usage of National Rail maps are:
|1 - 8,000||Minimum charge £100 + VAT|
|8,001 - 20,000||£0.012 + VAT per copy
(minimum charge of £100)
|20,001 - 50,000||£0.009 + VAT per copy
(minimum charge of £240)
|50,001 - 100,000||£0.006 + VAT per copy
(minimum charge of £450)
|100,001 - 250,000||£0.004 + VAT per copy
(minimum charge of £600)
|250,000 and above||As agreed between Pulse Creative and sub licensees|
An artwork fee of £320 + VAT is payable for Tube maps and £290 + VAT is payable for National Rail maps.
This is when you are using a London Underground or National Rail map on your website and will not be printing it.
To reproduce the maps on a website, you need to apply for a licence agreement and obtain artwork from Pulse Creative.
- The cost of the agreement and artwork for commercial purposes is £600 + VAT.
- For interactive use of the map, the charge will be £2,000 + VAT for the first map, and £1,500 + VAT for each subsequent map.
- To make the map available for mobile download, the charge will be £1,000 + VAT, or £2,000 + VAT for the first map, and £1,500 + VAT for each subsequent map if interactive.
- The royalty free price for internet usage is £320 + VAT for Tube maps and £290 + VAT for National Rail maps.
The following applies to London Underground and National Rail maps:
- For registered charities and schools, the licence is royalty free but we still charge an artwork fee of £320 + VAT
- A charge of £5 + VAT also applies to ensure that the agreement is legally binding
- All costs are payable on completion of the agreement