Becoming a member
You must have a permanent or long-term disability which means you are unable to use public transport.
You are automatically eligible for membership if you are:
- A Taxicard member
- Getting the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance
- Getting the Standard or Enhanced Mobility Rate of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Registered blind or partially sighted
- Aged 85 or over
- Getting a Higher Rate Attendance Allowance
- Getting a War Pension Mobility Supplement
If none of the above apply to you, you may still be able to join Dial-a-Ride but you will have to undergo a paper-based mobility assessment to establish your eligibility for the service.
How to apply
You can apply for Dial-a-Ride if you are a permanent or temporary resident of a London borough. If you are applying for a temporary membership, you will need to provide evidence of using a similar service at your place of residence.
To apply, download the form below, complete it, and post it to:
Assisted Transport Services
PO Box 68799
You can also phone us on 0343 222 7777 (TfL call charges) to request an application form.
Find out what will happen on your journey.
Taxicard is an alternative taxi and minicab service that provides transport for London residents with mobility or sight impairments. Find out more about Taxicard.